2. THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information from you when you visit the Site:
- Non-Personal Information; and
- Personal Information
1. Non-Personal Information Collected:
Certain non-personally identifiable information is collected when you access the Site. This can include, but is not limited to, information about your browser type and type of computer operating system used, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer accessing the Site, previous webpages and advertisements viewed and the date and time that you accessed the Site.
Your non-personal information is used by ME to improve our Services and to help us improve and personalize your experience while using our Site. We may collect, store, analyze and otherwise use this information to improve and enhance our Services and your interaction with such Services. We may also share such information with affiliated and unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners, advertisers, retailers, etc. in an anonymous form, such that such shared information does not contain any personally identifiable information.
2. Personal Information Collected:
Personal Information: In order to access or use the Services, you may choose to provide, in any one of a variety of ways available, certain personally identifiable information about yourself, including information which can directly identify you or provide a direct method to contact you (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”).
Personal Information that may be collected when you use the Site or access the Services includes, but is not limited to, your name, age, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, home address, telephone or fax number, credit card information, Xbox LIVE account information, PlayStation Network account information and information about your interests in and use of various games, products, programs and services.
Personal information provided about other persons: We may also collect personal information regarding other persons you may voluntarily submit to us, for example if provided to send an online gift, greeting card or other bonus. The Personal Information collected about other persons in such circumstances may include: recipient's name, address, age, date of birth, e-mail address, gender and telephone number.
Your Public Profile: In addition, you may choose to include Personal Information in your ME public profile. For example, you may include information such as your name, address, age, date of birth, gender, contact information, what video games you play, and your Xbox LIVE and/or PlayStation Network account name. By sharing such information on your ME public profile, you acknowledge that others may view and access such information from your public profile.
Links to Other Web Sites. Our Services may contain links to other web sites whose information and privacy practices may be different than ours. We encourage you to be aware that when you leave our Website, or surf the Internet, that you read the privacy statement of each and every web site you visit because we have no control over information that is submitted or collected by other sites. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites.
Clickstream Data. As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each web site you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server and can reveal the type of computer and browser you use and the address of the web site from which you linked to our Services. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-personally identifiable information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors.
Supplementing Information. From time to time we may supplement information you give us with information from other sources, such as information validating your address. Thus, information we obtain through the Services may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Services, including both offline and online sources.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for a variety of purposes, but at all times only as permitted or required by applicable law, including:
- To provide a service or product requested by you;
- To operate and maintain our Services and Site, for example to enable us to open and maintain your client account, to manage participation in gaming challenges and tournaments, to manage your player profile and to manage transactions such as deposits and withdrawal of funds from your client account;
- To communicate with you regarding your account, updates to our Site, updates to our products and Services and any other benefit, feature or other information about products or services which we may think may be of interest to you;
- To contact you offline, including delivery of prizes to you and the mailing of special offers, promotions or other information promoting the Site and/or Services;
- To verify information necessary to prevent fraud and protect the security of the Site and Services.
- For promotional purposes, from time to time we may use the content you write (including your name or screen name if you post it) in newsletters, promotional materials or elsewhere
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless disclosed at time of collection, we will not share the Personal Information you provide with anyone not affiliated with Millennial Esports except as disclosed below:
- For the purposes the information was provided;
- With Affiliated or Related Entities: We may share Personal Information with our affiliated companies, including companies owned directly or indirectly by Millennial Esports, or under common ownership. Any of these companies may use and further share this information in the same ways we do;
- With Third Party Service Providers: We may share Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers or other persons or companies with whom we contract to carry out or fulfill internal Services operations or our business activities (for example, performing support functions such as printing and mailing, payment processing, data storage and destruction, customer support etc.);
- As Required by Law: We may disclose your Personal Information as required by applicable laws, courts, government authorities and other regulatory agencies, and to the extent required to permit us to investigate any potential violations of any law, rule, regulation, ME rules or policies, rights of third parties, or to investigate any other potentially improper conduct.
- Transfers of Business Assets: The Personal Information you provide is considered a company asset and may be included among transferred assets if Millennial Esports, its subsidiaries or affiliates or any of their assets is ever acquired by or merged with those of a third party.
5. THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. ME has implemented a variety of reasonable security safeguards to protect the Personal Information in our control against, misuse, loss, theft or interception by third parties. However, as no computer system or data transmission can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard, we cannot guarantee represent or warrant that communications between you and us or information stored on our Services or our servers will be completely free from unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure by third parties such as hackers. Your use of the Services demonstrates your assumption of these risks. Please take all reasonable steps to protect against identity thefts and keep your account name and password secure at all times.
6. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS
8. POLICIES FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. ME does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Please instruct your children never to provide personal information on this Website or any other website without your permission. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act places special requirements on websites that know that visitors to their site may be under the age of 13. In our attempt to fully comply with these rules, ME will not knowingly collect or solicit any personally identifiable offline contact information or personal online contact information from children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to the Services by children under 13 years of age.
If you have concerns about the Services, wish to find out if your child is a member, or has registered for one our Services, or wish to cancel your child's membership, please contact us through millennialesports.gg
Governing Law: The Site is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. In all and any disputes arising out of the use of the Site or Services or in any matter related to or arising out of any policy, term of use, rule or regulation therein, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts of the Province of Ontario located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We make no representations or warranties that this Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of any other nations. By using the Services and Site herein, you confirm that you meet the age and other eligibility requirements in the country, state, territory or nation in which you are, as well as those set forth in ME’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
Canada: Our Services are maintained in Canada. By using the Services, you authorize the export of Personal Information to Canada and its storage and use as specified in this policy.